Monday 13 January 2014

Typography

Serif is a small line attached to the end of a stroke in a letter or symbol,such as when handwriting is separated into distinct units for a typewriter or typesetter.

Sans Serif is one that does not have the small projecting features called serif at the end of strokes.

Modern Font: I have chosen this font because the letters are very thin, and many people in the modern world want to be thin, so it fits in perfectly.


Kids Font: I have chosen this one as most of the letters aren't straight, so a lot of children don't have the neatest writing, so this fits in.

Sport Font: I chosen this one as the letters are slanted as if you are watching the letters go by very fast. A lot of sports are fast paced so it fits.
Masculine Font: I chose this one as the letters are pointed and the vertices of the letters aren't curved so it looks more like a masculine type of font.
Feminine Font: I have chosen this font as the letters have curved edges, and aren't pointed or jagged. This suggests that when you look at it to be a feminine font.
History Font: I have chosen a Greek font for my History font as it is traditional and classic. 

Sophisticated Font: I have chosen this font because it is very formal looking, and it is a font you would expect to get in a letter from the Queen.
Bold Font: I have chosen this one as it definitely bold, and is very striking so it attracts the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment